To get brands digital at a quicker pace, Salesforce’s Digital 360 has recently put the finishing touches to a box full of new goodies, including for Salesforce B2C Commerce Cloud.
With worldwide digital ad spending set to smash the halfway mark, plus with ecommerce sales topping $4 trillion, creating more connected experiences with customers is the key to unlocking growth. Tapping into people’s wants, desires, needs, and preferences, the new Salesforce 360 releases build upon the platform’s capabilities of reaching customers and learning key new insights from them.
“Being digital first and customer-centric has never been more important,” said David Schmaier, Salesforce’s president. “With Digital 360, companies have the full power of Salesforce to go digital faster, build a single view of their customers, and drive growth.”
New toys for Salesforce Commerce Cloud
The highly personalized, customer-centric commerce platform helps the strengthening of brand loyalty. And there are brand-spanking new toys to accelerate this process through simplifying the commerce journey from start to finish as well as identifying business trends.
These are the new SFCC toys:
- Salesforce Order Management for both Salesforce B2C and B2B. Salesforce’s order management system powers sales past the purchase order and through to delivery and into the post-sale experience. Consisting of its Distributed Order Management and Omnichannel Inventory, businesses that apply it will be able to see inventory in real-time which can help to convert stores into distribution centers and offer customers relevant delivery options.
- Headless architecture. With the new progressive web application (PWA) kit and managed runtime, they provide developers with the ability to detach the front-end from the back-end both quickly and efficiently, in order to create elevated user experiences. What would usually take months to complete given the greater complexity now takes less time, freeing devs to get creative by spending less time on the back-end.
- The customer data platform (CDP). Because Salesforce Commerce Cloud is integrated with this new piece of marketing tech, businesses can see a broad view of customer data across every touchpoint. CDPs are becoming more and more popular in marketing as they provide a comprehensive ability to use commerce data in multiple marketing channels.
- B2B2C Commerce. It’s not a typo. B2B2C is when Business A sells their product in partnership with Business 2 to an end customer. With this new app, B2B companies can launch a D2C digital storefront quickly – without the need for coding. What this means is that businesses that are set up to sell via retailers or distributors can capture first-party customer data, enabling them to better understand their customers and more effectively market to them.
“Data is so critical in everything that we do,” claimed Jay Farner, the CEO of Quicken Loans “From driving efficiencies in the way we take care of our clients, to being more targeted and strategic about our marketing, to thinking about how we create a better experience for our team members.
“If you leverage data properly, you can make everyone’s life better and that’s really our mission.”
In addition to these new tech toys for Commerce Cloud, Salesforce has also unveiled some new innovations for Salesforce Marketing Cloud. These include:
- The customer data platform actually integrates two technologies: Loyalty Management, that provides real-time audience segments including membership status, their loyalty tier, their points earned; and Interaction Studio, which analyzes interactions and uses Einstein to sort through which messages are most relevant as well as product offers.
- Salesforce and Google. We, as consumers, are increasingly using online to search for and research products before buying. And at this moment, you get no points for knowing the most popular search engine where this takes place. The partnership between Salesforce and Google strengthens the ability of marketers to better understand their customers through smarter metrics.
- Salesforce and Snapchat. Create personalized ads for Snapchat through the use of first-party data. Growing customers across social media channels is a big part of expanding the customer base, and in particular, with this partnership with Snapchat, targeting younger consumers.
- Salesforce and WhatsApp. This Marketing Cloud’s solution was built to boost customer engagement through transactional messages and keyword detection. With the use of WhatsApp for businesses, brands and customers can connect in even quicker ways in instant messaging, and accelerate the rate of sales.
“We’re excited to partner with Salesforce to make it easier for marketers to activate and measure first-party data in a privacy-safe way,” said Google’s Tript Singh Lamba, director of product management.
“Marketing Cloud has empowered Align Technology to connect with consumers in a more meaningful and frictionless way to meet them where they are,” said Nate Minnich, VP of Americas Marketing, Align Technology. “Data from Marketing Cloud helps bring consumers together with our Invisalign-trained doctor customers — what we refer to as the intersection of care. This proprietary data-driven approach can help us reach the potential 500 million consumers globally who could transform their smiles with a trained doctor using the Invisalign system.”
PS: ArganoUV is one of the world’s leading Salesforce Commerce Cloud & Salesforce Order Management integrators. Contact us to see how we can work together.