There is buzz about Salesforce’s new order management system, called Salesforce Order Management. And that’s because it’s the improved upon version of Commerce Cloud Order Management (which is gradually being retired by Salesforce).
Salesforce Order Management bridges commerce, service, and fulfillment capabilities and packs them into one platform – which is actually pre-connected to Salesforce B2C Commerce Cloud – and provides a fully-rounded view of each customer in terms of order and transaction history.
So let’s take a look at the features of Salesforce Order Management.
- Newly added support for 35 languages, regional tax calculations, and local currencies, ensuring that the product works for brands and retailers across the globe, as well as those that have operations in more than one country, language or currency. With greater support, companies are better able to spread into fresh global markets while at the same time manage a comprehensive view of global orders.
- Artificial intelligence is at play as soon as an order comes in. The order management system is able to track and identify the currency, payment types, address, and the tax format of the specific location.
- The order management system interface will truly reflect your customer service reps’ geography, personalizing their timezone, date, and number formats, as well as being translated into one of 35 languages.
- Fully integrated with the Salesforce ecosystem that supports seemingly endless pre-built connectors that result in accelerated time to value.
- Cloud-based architecture that enables you to automate upgrades and quickly scale.
- Linked to independent software vendors through the AppExchange, including ArganoUV, to help extend functionality with out-of-the-box solutions.
- A platform that is infused with artificial intelligence to aid customization to fit with specific customer needs and expectations.
- Build personalized customer experiences to scale across the world, for different segments of customers.
- Powered by the Salesforce Core platform, the order management system functions via API-first features.
- Available for easy integration with Salesforce Order Management, Quick Start Commerce for Channels provides features for checkout capabilities on social media channels, paving the way for brands and retailers to provide new ways to engage with customers digitally.
This final feature is particularly interesting because it speaks to the rapid need to get selling on alternative channels if a brand hasn’t already covered these bases. In a time when consumers have been heavily constrained to shop digitally, they’ve been buying not only from their phone or laptop but via Facebook and Instagram, Xbox and TikTok.
And through Salesforce Order Management, your customers are able to not only shop and reach checkout smoothly and quickly, but also track their orders and reach out to customer service reps, simply carry out returns, exchanges and cancellations – all done from the exact same channel that the customer has been shopping from, which saves them the hassle and confusion of hopping between channels and different customer care reps to carry out something simple like a return or exchange.
Wanting to cancel or return an item super simply? Brands get a big thumbs up who provide this service – even though it’s a negative experience. If you soften the blow, the customer will get it, and more than likely come back to a shop where they know that any replacements can be carried out quickly and hassle-free.
Integrating Salesforce Order Management with Salesforce Commerce Cloud supercharges a brand’s power of sales and customer care, particularly in a time of changing brand allegiances and fast-moving shopping habits. It creates a holistic view of customers and provides experiences both online and offline, infused with AI, sensitive to scaling, and ability to pivot rapidly when confronted with fast-moving events.